- Design a web-based research guide customized for your course. Additionally, I am happy to make a brief visit to your class to introduce myself and tell them how I can help.
- Meet with students individually for research assistance with a paper or project. Please encourage them to contact me directly via e-mail or telephone.
- Consult with you on a research assignment.
- Meet with students as a group (across English/FTS courses) outside of class, for workshops on using specific resources such as MLA Int'l Bibliography, JSTOR, etc.
- Meet with your students as a group during class time (I need at least two weeks lead time for scheduling and class preparation).
I encourage you to include my name and contact information on your syllabi or in your course Blackboard site/s as the librarian for English and Film & Television Studies, who looks forward to helping students with their research.
If you feel individual students in your courses are struggling with the research process in general, please refer them to our newly designed modular guide to the research process: Library Jumpstart. This guide provides information on basic library research skills, and answers questions about finding, evaluating, and citing resources. Within this modular guide, there is a page where students can find interactive tutorials on various aspects of the research process.