Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Subject Guides - updates and new materials

I've updated the English & American Literature Subject Guide and the Film & Television Studies Subject Guide, both starting points for research.

Some changes made:
  • I've added websites and resources to each guide.
  • I've made a slight change in the "Search Strategies" page in the English guide.
  • In each guide, I've added a separate page which lists our growing collection of Library Research tutorials. These interactive tutorials help students use specific resources and develop skills that support information literacy. An added bonus is the provision of an optional quiz for each tutorial. Once the student completes the tutorial you can have them e-mail the results to you so you can gauge their proficiency with various resources and their understanding of various aspects of the research process. Of course, you don't have to use them, but they are there if you do.
  • In each guide, I've updated  web links and edition information for various books.
Feel free to link these guides from your Blackboard course sites. However, these subject guides reside on the Library homepage --> Help --> Research Guides by Subject 

If you would like me to create a customized research guide for your specific course, I will be happy to do so. Drawing resources  from the "mother ship" I may also include other resources that are of particular use to students in your course.