Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Looking Ahead to Fall 2010

The end of the semester is finally here! I hope you all have a wonderful summer. While the last thing you want to think about is the Fall 2010 semester, I wanted to catch you before the semester ends.

If you are beginning to think about your classes for the fall...

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you and your students in your fall courses.
I can do one or more of the following:
  • Design a web-based research guide customized for your course
  • Meet with your students as a group during class time
  • Consult with you on a research assignment
  • Meet with students as a group (across Eng/FTS courses) outside of class, for workshops on using specific resources such as MLA Bibliography, Literature Resource Center, JSTOR, etc.
  • Meet with students individually for research assistance with a paper or project. Please encourage them to contact me directly.
  • Design a web-based research guide for your course, visit your class briefly to introduce myself, and meet with students individually as necessary.
I encourage you to include my name and contact information on your syllabi as the librarian for English and FTS, who looks forward to helping students with their research.