Friday, May 8, 2009

Looking Ahead to Fall 2009

The end of the semester is finally here! I hope you all have a wonderful summer. While the last thing you want to think about is the Fall 2009 semester, I wanted to catch you before the semester ends.

I'll be on leave from the beginning of July through most of August, and will have limited access to e-mail. When I return, it will be v. close to the beginning of the semester, and I will be on my skates trying to prepare. So, if you are beginning to think about your classes for the fall...

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you and your students in your fall courses.
I can do one or more of the following:
  • Design a web-based research guide customized for your course
  • Meet with your students as a group during class time
  • Consult with you on a research assignment
  • Meet with students as a group (across Eng/FTS courses) outside of class, for workshops on using specific resources such as MLA Bibliography, Literature Resource Center, JSTOR, etc.
  • Meet with students individually for research assistance with a paper or project. Please encourage them to contact me directly.
Feel free to include my name and contact information on your syllabi as the librarian for English and FTS, who looks forward to helping students with their research.